41 mm WIDTH
Species : solid Teck
87 mm WIDTH
|Species : solid wenge, bubinga, doussie
Standard length : 2000 mm
(For a length narrower than 2000 mm, please consult us)
Standard widths : 639 mm – 1283 mm
see sample palette
|SURFACE CONDITION||Product delivered unfinished, to be oiled
|THICKNESS OF A STRIP||7,5 mm
|JOINT TYPE||elastomer mastic glue
|WIDTH OF THE JOINY||5 mm|
DECK D’OBER panels begin with a strip of wood and end with another strip of wood.
Deck d’Ober panels manufactured with 41 mm width solid wood strips can be used for curved surfaces : rounded bathtub surrounds, cladding of columns... (bending radius : 400 mm)
For outside applications or in very humid environment, we only recommend the use of Teak wood.
Donwload the guide "Advice for laying and maintenance"
The panels should be fabricated in compliance with Specification NF XP B 54-202 : «Panneaux décoratifs plaqués-bois – Spécifications (Decorative, wood-veneered panels - Specification) or equivalent.
On-site fabrication conditions
Fabrication should normally take place in the following conditions:
• Prior to installation, the panels must be stabilized to ambient conditions. To this effect, store them for at least 3 days in a flat position in the place where they are eventually to be installed.
• When installing the panels, allow for a 1 mm/m expansion joint.
• Increase that joint to 1.5 mm/m in the following cases :
- for rooms likely to be subjected to major atmospheric
- humidity variations
- in cases where flame-retardent (M1-rated) panels are used.
The rooms where the panels are to be installed should normally conform to the following conditions:
• they should be roofed
• they must have been heated or air-conditioned for at least 24 hours
• all cement and plasterworks should be dry
• ambient temperature must not fall to below 15° C
• ambient air humidity during the stabilization process and at the time of installation should respond to the following criteria
If the panels are installed in a dry area: The relative air humidity during the stablilization phase should be within the range of 40 to 60%. Once the panels are installed, the ambient air humidity may exceed 65% only for a couple of weeks per annum.
If the panels are installed in a humid area (bonded to a hydrophobic substrate):
The relative air humidity during the stabilization phase may exceed the range of 40 to 60%.
Once the panels are installed, the ambient air humidity may exceed 85% only for a couple of weeks per annum.